Make Ramen from Scratch with Houseables!
We’ve put together an delicious homemade ramen recipe, made with the help of some of our favorite Houseables products. All available now here on Houseables.com.
- Whisk together 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Add 2 large eggs (beaten) and ½ cup of warm water.
- Mix using a stand mixer on its lowest speed with a dough hook attachment. Once all ingredients are moist, raise the speed slightly and continue mixing until a dough ball forms. Then continue to knead with the dough hook for 5 more minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Place the kneaded dough onto a floured surface and shape into a rectangular loaf. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- Flour a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and split into 6 equal pieces. Loosely re-cover with plastic wrap.
- Take one piece, flatten it into a ½-inch thick rectangle and rub with flour. Then, feed it through your Houseables Pasta Machine in Red on its widest setting. Then, set the machine to the second widest setting and repeat, then on the 3rd widest setting, then the 4th.
- Lightly flour the blades of your pasta maker’s cutting attachment. Set the cutter to its finest setting and feed your dough sheet through. Dust your newly cut noodles with enough flour to keep them from sticking together and place on the baking sheet you prepared earlier. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 with all five of your remaining dough pieces.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of sesame or vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of minced ginger and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and cook until soft. Stir in 3 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of mirin. Cook altogether for 1 minute.
- Add stock and cover with your Houseables Universal Pot Lid until boiling. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, then add 1 ounce of dried shiitake mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste as it simmers for 10 more minutes.
- Add your noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes, testing frequently for your desired texture.
- Once everything has finished cooking. Split your pot between your set of two Houseables Ramen Bowls and top with chopped scallions and your protein of choice.
This recipe is compiled from a wide range of sources, but biggest shout-outs to Pinch and Swirl, Serious Eats, and Fork Knife and Swoon for helping us put this together. Check out their pages for more details.