We're really excited about the holidays around here - Christmas has got us in a crafty mood!
Lately, we've been having a blast coming up with festive uses for our products. We are excited to share these crafts with you, and we hope you have as much fun making these as we did. Below, you will find instructions to create your very own pine cone elves!
What You'll Need:
- Red Felt
- Blue Felt
- Green Felt
- Pine Cones
- Wooden Craft Balls
- White Paint (Optional)
- Jingle Bells
- Black Permanent Marker
- Hot Glue Gun
- Houseables Hot Glue Sticks
1. Cut out two heart shaped pieces of the colored felt of your choice.
2. After heating up your hot glue gun with Houseables Hot Glue Sticks, use the glue to stick the two heart shaped pieces directly on top of each other.
3. Once the glue is dry, glue the heart-shaped piece to the bottom of the pine cone. This will be the elf’s feet.
4. Take the wooden craft ball and draw two eyes with your permanent marker.
5. Cut out of a piece of different colored felt in the shape of a curved triangle. Fold the triangle in half and use the hot glue gun to stick the edges of the triangle together in order to create a long hat.
6. Glue the jingle bell to the top of the hat to complete the look. You will then need to glue the hat to the top of the wooden craft ball, just above the eyes.
7. Glue your completed elf’s head to the top of the pine cone.
8. Then, cut a piece of your last color of felt. Make sure it is long enough to wrap around the base of your elf’s head to fashion a scarf.
9. If desired, take some white paint and gently brush over the edges of the pine cone.